The Plasma Pen is a new technology that has emerged over the last few years and takes extensive training. It’s FDA approved and very safe. It creates incredible lifting results.
Perhaps you have sagging eyelids or under-eye wrinkles that won’t respond to any treatment. Maybe you would like a subtle lip lift but are too afraid to use fillers. The plasma pen is a very effective way to restore youth that lasts for up to three years.
What is Plasma Skin tightening?
It is a cosmetic treatment which uses plasma to eliminate excess skin and promote the production of collagen in the sin with results that are comparable to traditional surgery. Partial results can be seen immediately, for example sagging eyelids will immediately lift and look more while the full result can be seen in around 4 weeks.
How does it work?
The device uses the voltage in the air to create an electrical arch (plasma) between its tip and the skin. As this electrical arch touches the skin, it instantly contracts. Excess skin is reduced, resulting in tightened/lifted skin, comparable to surgery.
What are the advantages of plasma skin tightening vs surgery?
- No injections
- No incisions
- No stitches
- Minimal risk
- Minimal side effects
- Little or no downtime
- Return to work on the same day
- Significant cost saving
What can it be used to treat?
- Eye areas (eyelids, under eye bags, crow’s feet)
- Face lift
- Neck lift
- Worry lines
- Laugh lines
- Stretch marks
- And much more…
Results are long-lasting, although, like all cosmetic and surgical procedures, it is not permanent and it will not stop further ageing.
How many treatments are required?
Depending on the condition of the area being treated and the desired results this can vary. One treatment may be enough for some, although more treatments can be carried out for greater results. Treatments must be a minimum of 6 weeks apart.
What should I expect on the day of treatment?
On the day of your treatment it’s recommended that you don’t wear make-up on the area being treated, take an antihistamine to reduce swelling and continue for 2 days following.
The area will be cleaned and a cooling cream/gel will be applied to reduce any discomfort.
When the treatment starts you may feel mild discomfort. Dark carbon crusts will appear. It’s important not to pick these crusts; they will naturally flake off within a few days. Swelling and redness may last for a few days.
What should I expect after?
- Tiny brown dots (carbondots) will appear immediately after treatment. These will fall off in about 7 days to reveal new skin underneath.
- Swelling may occur for a few days following the treatment.
- Best results will be seen in 4 – 6 weeks.
- Allow 10-18 days of healing depending on your systemic healing pattern. Individual healing results may vary due to skin tone, type, or state of health.
- Swelling is normal and can limit you to social exposure of treated area. Dryness and flaky skin are normal post healing.
What should I expect after?
- If you are sick we need to reschedule. Clients need to be healthy on the day of treatment.
- Clients with auto-immune/ healing disorders.
- Clients with a pacemaker.
- Cancer patients.
- Clients taking blood thinning medication.
- Clients that are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Clients experiencing any infection will need to reschedule until fully healed.
- Clients with sunburn.