Body Composition Analysis
A pre-transformation assessment or consultation is a clever way to ensure what you’re about to embark upon, will give you the best results. In fact, this is a sure-fire way to accelerate desired results.
Our pre-transformation assessments are focussed on identifying and removing handbrakes to looking and feeling better. This assessment is most popular for those who are looking to lose weight, and want to know the best way about getting accelerated results.
What does it cost, and how long does it take?
$100 for 45 minutes.
So, what happens in this assessment?
We assess the following areas:
- Digestive System
- Nutrient Deficiencies
- Endocrine system, including thyroid, male hormones and female hormones.
- Stress, fatigue and sleep
- Immune System
- Style of eating & current diet
- Detailed Body Composition Analysis using the InBody 570.
Why do we go into so much detail?
We have the fortune of experience and know that weight loss simply isn’t just about eating less and exercising more. It’s much more complicated than that for many of us. When we evaluate the body properly, we can tailor a plan to not only ensure results, but it will mean your body won’t be tired, sore and feeling malnourished. It also means you won’t just reach your goal weight, you will FEEL great.
Why do we do a detailed body composition analysis?
Measuring weight alone or even relying on BMI is not an accurate assessment of health or fitness, because it doesn’t distinguish kilograms that come from fat and kilograms that come from lean muscle mass.
Muscle is also much more metabolically active than fat, so the more muscle you have the higher your daily calorie requirements and vice versa. Body composition analysis provides valuable information to tailor nutritional plans precisely to your individual needs.
How it can help?
- Track changes toward body composition goals ie. building muscle mass or reducing body fat
- Assess and tracking level of visceral fat (fat around organs) which places you at a very high risk of developing serious chronic diseases like type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease· Assess if you are losing weight the healthy way ie losing body fat and preserving muscle mass
- Assess metabolic rate to enable more accurate prediction on daily calorie requirements
- Helping to determine reasons for weight plateaus if they occur
How it works?
The Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA) operates by passing safe low level electrical signals through the body via the foot and hand touch points. The signal is conducted through the water contained in the body. Muscles, blood, bones and body tissues have a high water content which allows the signal to pass easily. On the other hand, body fat contains very little water and causes impedance or resistance to the signal.
The Body Composition Analyser provides a detailed report which includes:
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Fat % and Fat Mass
- Muscle Mass
- Total Body Water (Hydration Levels)
- Basal Metabolic Rate
- Metabolic Age
- Physique Rating
- Visceral Fat Rating